Improving business performance with data and experience-driven solutions
Matching your Specific Business Needs
Before getting down to the development, every project needs a well-crafted set of documents based on in-depth business analysis of each case to structure and clarify in advance. Business analysts draft a set of documents that clearly lay down the mission of the project and its value proposition as well as technical descriptions specifying system architecture, user roles, their description and other information that explains how your product will work.
SOLVVE uses two different approaches depending on your project type:
Our BA team helps you to crystalize your general business idea and its core values. It is followed by the market and competitor research to specify your unique business proposition to your customers and to turn this knowledge into a specific action plan to get your product to the market. We help you prioritize the main features while secondary ones will get sorted out and listed for future releases and system updates.
For established businesses
We carry out a detailed in-depth analysis of the business processes and come up with suggestions about how available technologies can optimize and boost them. For example, we help with work automatization, expenses cuts, upsales, securing bigger market shares, service improvements, and so on.
Working with Requirements
Step 1. Hypothesis vs requirements
It is crucial to clarify requirements as early as possible. However, before certain ideas will be verified as actual requirements, SOLVVE treats them as hypotheses. They will not become requirements unless our analysts can prove their value to the project by answering the following questions:
- How many users will use the suggested feature?
- How many resources are necessary for its implementation?
- Do they conflict with the existing functionality?
- How do they compare to existing similar solutions? Sometimes there is no need to implement a requirement. One can pick up good ideas and take them from good to great.
This is by no means a full list. It is quite extensive, but going through it helps our BAs to save time by prioritizing requirements and getting to the implementation of the most valuable ones first. Such an approach to business analysis workflow decreases the number of errors in decision making and provides a faster return on investment.
Step 2. Defining and signing off the requirements
Usually, we work with user stories, use cases, or schemes to describe the perspective of each stakeholder. This scenario-based technique allows our clients to see the whole process step-by-step through the eyes of the user. It is one of the best techniques to address functional requirements. SOLVVE uses Confluence or Google Docs to make sure that the client can track the progress and comment on it as well as let us know if there are any additional requirements or wishes from the clients’ side.
However, even though we are open to new ideas during the development process, after the approval of prototypes and settling on the requirements we sign the agreement with the stakeholders. This is to prevent scope creep and make sure that all the parties agree that the requirements were defined as precisely as possible and reflect the needs of the stakeholders.
Step 3. Prototyping & Design
The next stage of business analyses is the creation of mockups or prototypes of a future application. It will be a schematic monochrome rendering of screens with components to give a better understanding of the application structure, functionality, and design. At this stage, we can see if there is a need for improvements due to potential inconsistencies, and how feasible the product is. After the prototypes have been approved, we move on to preparing documents about the requirements.
SOLVVE prefers simple structures over-complicated representations overloaded with complex diagrams. We emphasize ease of reading, understanding, and navigation for all the stakeholders to avoid potential mistakes. We deliver detailed prototypes for each and every requirement for desktop, tablet, and mobile views along with the full set of prototypes for web and mobile applications. Moreover, we follow the best international practices and standards like iOS and Android Guides as well as unified modeling language (UML) to create visual representations of systems and different elements.
Why highly skilled business analysts are essential for your project?
- To fast and thoroughly evaluate businesses and business ideas, including assessment of positioning within different domains and industries, the current state of things and the future development trajectories, target audiences and customer pools, etc.
- To define and prioritize needs and formulate goals based on in-depth analysis. Experienced BAs are better at handling and prioritizing features and development tasks.
- To select the most appropriate and effective solutions.
- To draft system requirements specifying all entities of the product and its functionality. A professionally written functionality description provides a more accurate assessment for further development stages. You will be able to redistribute resources or finances when necessary. To assist in correct description of tasks for developers and document updates in collaboration with the development team leader. The more experience BA has, the higher the quality of all the requirement descriptions. Correctly drawn technical specifications based on BA’s experience and technical knowledge save product delivery times, guarantees that the team meets the deadlines, and protects the budget from misallocation.
- To settle controversial issues during the development and to accommodate additional needs and requirements that might come up during the development stage
- To oversee that the project sticks to the initial agreements and that terms and conditions of it are not violated. Skilled BAs on the project are crucial to correctly assess if the product meets agreed specifications at every development stage and to carry out acceptance according to these specifications.
Why this approach works the best
You get a custom solution with a detailed work breakdown for your project right away. We do not waste your time with numerous calls and letters.
Full control and comfort.
For each project we deliver a сustom well-structured action plan explaining why the chosen approach is the most efficient time- and budget-wise.
You always have access to all the information about the project: a full and clear view of who is doing what a how the project is moving along.
Each of our developers and managers has a substantial academic background or a proven track record of successfully delivered projects in the field.
Technologies and Tools
Our team is versed in different types of testing, test automation and management. We work with advanced tools to accommodate different levels of testing complexity.
- Technology and tools
- Development tools
- Relational Database Management Systems
Continuous integration systems
Continuous integration systems
Since you are here
We provide a wide range of software development services. Here are more things we are good at.
Ensuring the seamless operation of your custom mobile application on a wide variety of devices.
Helping you to build secure data storages, stable applications available around the clock, and many more.
Stable, secure, and scalable data storages that boost delivery times and slash the costs.
UI / UX Design
Bridging the gap between technologies and users with clearcut and easy-to-navigate solutions.