The Coronavirus pandemic has definitely pushed more stores to digitalization. A vast majority of retailers, merchants, distributors, and brick-and-mortar stores of all sizes had to switch to E-commerce in order to support and even boost their sales. E-commerce can help businesses to generate new revenue streams and attract more customers. One of the greatest advantages of E-commerce is that you can sell your products or services to anyone, from anywhere, even from the other side of the world.
However, to make an E-commerce store successful, it’s essential to choose the right E-commerce strategy and right software solution to ensure efficient management of all operations. And we bet the Odoo ERP system with its eCommerce module can provide you with all the right tools to smoothly run your online business. It’s an open-source software suite that will deliver you a number of benefits and strengthen your digital presence on the global market.
The Importance of eCommerce Software
First things first, let’s speak about numbers. The share of global retail sales generated via E-commerce can boast a steady rise year after year. According to a fresh survey by Forbes, E-commerce sales are expected to grow 10.4% and the global E-commerce market is predicted to total about $6.3 trillion in 2023. Moreover, by 2026, the e-commerce market is projected to reach over $8.1 trillion. Why? Because the conveniences offered by digital platforms lure customers to make more purchases online, and according to many studies, more than 90% of all purchases are expected to be performed online during the next 20 years.
What does this mean for your company? If you don’t jump on the online sales bandwagon now, you may miss out on an opportunity to grow your business and earn a lot of money. But what E-commerce solution can address your very needs and handle your company’s order histories, past invoices, product comparisons, ratings, reviews, descriptions, warranties, and many more?
Top Reasons to Choose Odoo over Others
We’re recommending Odoo over others because:
- It’s a complete suite that comes with all the apps needed for managing a business including sales, CRM, inventory, purchases, project management, marketing, financial management, HR management, warehouse management, manufacturing, logistics, etc. Actually, it offers more than a thousand modules in total (available both on the cloud and on-premises). With that, all the modules can integrate with each other while also rendering support for numerous third-party apps, services, and different enterprise systems. Simply put, Odoo allows you to manage your E-store and all the processes related to it from a single location.
- Visibility across all your processes. Odoo will let you take a view of all your data so that you can estimate at a glance where you’re, and then readjust your marketing strategy, forecast your revenue, and boost your growth. All the key data like shipping info, product info, inventory levels, and customer feedback will be safely stored in one place. Hence, you’ll neither need to manually enter data into your system nor look into different departments for the required information.
- Flexible payment options. Odoo isn’t tied to specific digital payment services. For your and your customers’ convenience, Odoo is compatible with numerous payment gateways like PayPal, Buckaroo, Ogone, Adyen, Authorize.net, Stipe, etc. By the way, the same goes for shipping methods. You’ll be able to choose between third-party shipping carriers and then track all the activities in real time from the ERP itself.
- Enhanced ROI and profitability. Getting faster returns can take a lot of hassle for any business. Odoo ERP can help you realize quicker ROI and profitability compared to many other similar systems. Odoo lets users perform a quick and precise analysis of the sales and inventory via reports and auto-stock adjustments.
- Cloud-based ERP Solution. Since Odoo is a cloud-based system, it gives you instant access to your modules from anywhere in the world. This means, you’ll be able to make any changes on the go, whenever and wherever you are.
Advantages of Odoo eCommerce Module
And now let’s explore some of the benefits you’ll get with the integration of the eCommerce Odoo Module.
Ability to Showcase Attractive Product Pages and Catch the Attention of Customers
In case you want to save pretty much money on hiring a professional web-development team but still want to get an attractive webpage with great layouts, the Odoo eCommerce module can tick all the right boxes. It will allow you to create eye-catchy pages with the help of Odoo Website Builder, where you can simply drag and drop the construction pieces.
You’ll also be able to change the layout of the pages, themes of your online store, colors, and many more. Additionally, you’ll be able to add new features to your website as your store grows.
Shipping Integration Will Become Easier than Ever
The Odoo eCommerce app enables you to merge add-on connectors so as to manage product sales and shipping processes. You’ll get an opportunity to combine shipping invoice creation and tracking activities, as well as choose between an extended range of shipping carriers including USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, IPS, ShippingEasy, and others. Moreover, you’ll be able to easily calculate shipping costs in advance.
Efficient Product Management
To help you easily manage your online store and present your products in the best possible way, Odoo is featured with numerous integrated tools that automatically showcase the products in the most appealing manner and remove out-of-stock items. The thing is, the module seamlessly integrates with the Inventory app to inform you about the number of left products or warn you about out-of-stock ones.
Reaching the Right Audience
Featured with numerous SEO-optimized tools, Odoo can make your website top-ranked in search engines. And thanks to the special tracking tool and/or connection to your Google Analytics account, you’ll have a chance to understand the behavior of your visitors and improve the conversion rate. Also, you’ll be able to see your best sales and get advanced statistics owing to the comprehensive, built-in dashboard.
Have you ever abandoned your cart because of long transaction processes? Odoo can help you avoid that by providing a simple, one-step check-out procedure. Odoo boasts fast purchase management and invoice creation. Plus, it enables users to create customized check-out tailored precisely to their needs.
Numerous E-payment Gateway Integrations
Understanding that payment options are different for every business, Odoo extensions and plugins allow business owners to integrate different types of payment gateways like PayPal, Credit/Debit cards, Wallets, Cryptocurrencies, and more.
Lots of Other Integration Options
Besides that, Odoo’s modular framework lets you easily add more functionalities depending on your needs. For example, you may easily link Sales, Purchase, Inventory, Manufacturing, Accounting, Human Resources, Live Chat, Help Desk, CRM, and other features with the eCommerce module to boost the efficiency of the whole system.
Managing Customer Details
Odoo eCommerce lets you create and maintain a customer database containing the full data of purchase history, wish lists, and browsing history of your clients. And by using the database, you’ll be able to customize marketing campaigns for their specific needs. For example, you’ll be able to send notifications to customers about the availability of back-in-stock products they were interested in or offer special coupons and promotions on them.
Customer Satisfaction is Guaranteed
Survey and live chat options in Odoo allow you to gather reviews on your products or services and, therefore, provide higher quality and strategize the sales options better.
Social media is another aspect that can help your E-commerce company thrive. Odoo offers multiple social media tools to increase your online presence and create more conversions.
As technology doesn’t stand still, the customer experience also moves to the next level. And by offering an attractive website with a user-friendly design, simple navigation, and an up-to-date assortment of products, you’ll definitely attract more clients.
So, if you’re looking for the best way to maximize the potential of your E-commerce business, we can help you explore the unlimited possibilities of Odoo eCommerce development. Just contact us and we’ll guide you through all Odoo eCommerce features and choose the most optimal modules for you.
Our team consists of experienced Odoo developers that use the latest tools, frameworks, and SDKs to implement Odoo 25% faster and cheaper than others.